FM2 Visa for Mexico


What is it? A FMT is a tourist visa for people traveling to Mexico. It’s normally valid for 180 days. Immigrant Visas (FM2 visas) are issued to foreigners who want to live in Mexico for more than a year and are seeking permanent residency or Mexican citizenship.

Can you work in Mexico with an FM2 visa?

If your immigration status is “no inmigrante” or “inmigrante” (non-resident immigrant), you need to get permission from the Mexican Immigrations Office (Instituto Nacional de Migración – INM) before you can work in an area that is different from the one that you were authorised for.