Birth Certificate Apostille

Getting Marry Overseas

Posted in Apostille, Birth Certificate Apostille, Birth Certificate Translation

Getting Marry in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Often, individuals need to have their birth certificates officially translated and apostilled.

Who May Perform Marriages Abroad
American diplomatic and consular officers are NOT permitted to perform marriages (Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations 52.1). Marriages abroad are almost always performed by local (foreign) civil or religious officials.

Documentation and Authentication
Most countries require that a valid U.S. passport be presented. In addition, birth certificates, divorce decrees, and death certificates are frequently required. Some countries require that the documents presented to the marriage registrar first be authenticated in the United States. This process can be time consuming and expensive.